Saturday, June 5, 2010

Suzani and Tigers and Stripes, oh my!

One of my favorite guilty pleasures involves fabric stores, scissors, and swatches. My ultimate fabric store dream is Lewis & Sheron in Atlanta. The place is chock full of fantastic patterns, silks, leathers, velvets, and indoor/outdoor options. Often, I have purchased a yard or two of something that strikes my fancy. Those purchases usually become pillows or seat cushions. On a few occasions, a visit to L&S has actually inspired an entire room re-do at my home. With sixty thousand square feet worth of options, who couldn't love this place?


Most recently I encountered some beautiful, fabliss finds at L&S. First up? Well, I am a sucker for a good suzani fabric. The bright colors and texture instantly pull me in. This particular fabric is a favorite because of its raised texture and rich colors. I think a picture can tell you more than my words... stunning!


Situated not too far from that amazing suzani was this delicious tiger pattern. Rich velvety texture and somewhat varied (almost ombre!) in color. The gray is shown here, but it also comes in a gorgeous rusty red. I'm thinking this would make a bold headboard or could easily "snazz up" an antiqued chair. Rarr.


One last fabric really caught my eye. Check out this funky take on a traditional stripe. Imagine what fun it could be on dining room chairs, a bolster pillow on a bed, or maybe even on a footstool. If only I had more furniture that needed reupholstering...


Need more furniture, you say? Oh... well Lewis & Sheron have that covered, too. Get it? Covered? Ha! Check out their insane collection of furniture you can have custom designed for you. All that blank canvas just waiting for some fabliss fabrics!


Hopefully this has inspired you to venture out to your local fabric store. If nothing else, they offer you endless inspiration and creative ideas. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment