Tuesday, June 15, 2010

BedROOMinations

From time to time we all need to borrow a little inspiration to get the creative juices flowing. When I get in a design rut and don't know where to start with a room, I usually find myself reaching for an old copy of House Beautiful magazine. This publication is my favorite for a number of reasons. Gorgeous photos, featured designers, classic yet edgy style, and a combination of "dream things" and things actually within budget. Oftentimes I find other publications (which shall remain nameless) too stuffy or high brow. House Beautiful gets me and always reels me in with some exciting trends, new colors, fabric patterns, or unique room solutions.

If you're in a similar design rut, I encourage you to use House Beautiful's online resources. Since I'm currently stuck on how to spruce up the guest and master bedrooms at home, I'll share the designer bedroom slide show I fell in love with the other day (click). Inspiration galore! Better yet? It doesn't cost a dime to dream. Cheers...



photo credit: Simon Upton, House Beautiful magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment