Monday, May 24, 2010

J-Style

Recently I was lucky enough to go on a 9-day vacation to Japan. No kidding. It was an amazing experience filled with culture, delicious eats, and lots of photo opportunities.

One of my favorite photo opps was a trip into a small boutique in the Harajuku district of Tokyo. An expatriate from Europe owned the joint and he had some incredible finds. The shop displayed an eclectic mix of tribal influence, soft touches with accessories, and fun, funky pieces that would brighten any home. If only my carry-on luggage could have accommodated an extra couch or chandelier!

While you may not make it all the way to Tokyo, the inspiration is enough to get your creative juices going. Take a look at a few of my favorites:

LOVE this crazy floor lamp. What a great, creative way to brighten a room.


This rugged set is just waiting to be worn in. The rose pillows were unbelievably soft and iridescent, and offered great contrast against all the wood tones.


Finally, I fell in love with these capiz shell chandeliers. I've found them here in the states at places like Z Gallerie and smaller boutiques. They remind me of the beach...


1 comment: